What Makes Street Lighting Special?
A Smart City needs an accessible, standards-based network for Smart City applications to connect to and provide information back to the city’s operations teams. This enables the municipalities to provide automated, enhanced services to its citizens.
- Lighting poles are everywhere
- Lighting poles have 24/7 electricity
- Lighting poles are here for a long time
- Lowest activation cost for the Smart City
Smart City visions begin with Tondo Smart Lighting and Smart Networks.
Lighting poles represent a strategic infrastructure for smart city development (and, in particular, for video-surveillance services and autonomous driving) thanks to their capillarity, connectivity and electrification.
Arthur D. Little S.A., October 2019
The Case for Smart Roadway Lighting
- Migrate your street and area lighting from unmetered to metered rates for a rate reduction of 50% or more
- Dimming-enabled lighting design delivers consistent illuminance across a wide range of lamp types and lifecycle stages and up to 15% energy savings
- Standards-based adaptive dimming control based on traffic and pedestrian demand for 50% or greater reduction in energy demand
Operations and Management
- Non-electricity operating cost reduction of as much as 50% based on remote management, control, and diagnostics that reduce truck rolls
- AI-based monitoring of luminaire and lamp current and voltage, pole vibration and tilt for predictive and proactive maintenance
- Enable 24/7 electrification of street poles to support an array of sensors and devices, and the “Smart Pole”
- 60%-70% decrease in GHG footprint related to electricity usage
- 60%-70% decrease in night-time luminance that interferes with human and animal sleep patterns that cause significant health problems and disruptions to animal migratory patterns
Tondo's Smart City Platform
A SECURE PLATFORM FOR YOUR CONNECTED ENTERPRISE
Tondo’s Smart Lighting for Smart Cities provide a complete lighting control and communications platform for Smart City applications:
- On-lamp socketed connection, on-pole direct wiring, or in-pole direct wiring installation
- Automatic sensing of connected lighting type
- Connection to any type of street lamp: LED or non-LED
- Lighting control based on global standards such as DALI2
- Sensor connectivity via Bluetooth 5 LE , DALI D4i , or direct wiring
- Bluetooth 5 LE Mesh communications for a Smart City-wide network platform
- Internal LTE 4G cellular gateway without the need for additional devices
- True plug-and-play automatic installation
Unlike other solutions on the market, Tondo packs a complete lighting control, sensor and device control, and smart city network into a single compact package.
Street, Road, and Highway Lighting
MONITOR AND MANAGE ANY ROADWAY LIGHTING
Tondo’s networked lighting controllers allow your operations team to monitor the status of every connected street or roadway light and get notified immediately of unusual events.
You can create and update enhanced energy-saving lighting control profiles for any type of roadway or highway area.
You can capture data and status on connected sensors, and roll up your data to other operations management and business analytics tools.
Our lighting controllers provide billing-grade measurement of energy usage so that you can accurately report on your energy costs.
Easy Zero-Configuration Deployment
ACTIVATE IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS
Save on project deployment costs, eliminate in-the-field configuration issues, and reduce your risk of project delays.
Once physically connected, all Tondo controllers automatically sense the type of roadway lighting they are connected to, and communicate back to your Tondo Smart Lighting Management Systemto apply the correct lighting profile in less than 10 seconds.
The Tondo Mobile-IQ appfor Android and iOS is also provided for lighting technicians in the field to perform testing and in-field configuration changes if they wish.
If you can save 10 minutes for every installed light during deployment, those costs can add up to huge project savings, and reduce the risks to your project timeline.
Cryptographic Security on Every Device
THE MOST SECURE SMART LIGHTING SOLUTION
Tondo’s team designed every one of their devices with the expectation that bad actors will want to gain access.
Every device contains a dedicated “cryptographic chip”containing the most advanced physical and information-security protection available today.
Our cryptographic chip protects devices throughout the supply chain and over-the-air update process, providing true end-to-end security through to your management console.
Our security architecture goes beyond the 30 year-old software-based certificate security used by other companies, and gives each device a unique, continuously changing secure key protected in a secure hardware vault.
Smart Lighting as Infrastructure
SMART CITY SENSOR AND DEVICE CONNECTIVITY
When you install a Tondo Smart Lighting Network, each light becomes a network connection creating a platform for a nearly limitless array of sensors and devices.
Sensors can connect to the Tondo network wirelessly with Bluetooth 5 LE, DALI D4i communications, or direct wired.
Sensors include those that can monitor vehicle, cyclist, or pedestrian traffic, or alert your team to critical events that require an immediate response.
Support for Any Type of Street Lighting
MINIMIZE YOUR COSTS FOR ALL PARKING LIGHTING
Whether you have newer LED or HID lighting, Tondo can control it.
Tondo also supports connection to all global standard lighting connections including NEMA C136.41, and Zhaga Book 18 socket types on your luminaires, and we also offer central cabinet control or in-pole solutions for lighting without on-lamp sockets.
We support 0v-10v, 1v-10v, and DALI2lighting control standards, and we’re always working on support for emerging new standards to give you all available options to maximize your roadway lighting energy and operational savings.
Secure Cloud-Based Central Management
ENTERPRISE-CLASS NETWORK CONTROL
Tondo’s Cloud-IQcentral management system (CMS) is the most advanced platform of its kind. We can host on our cloud…or yours.
Our standards-based cloud-native design on top of open source software applications and tools provides scalability and security unlike any other solution.
More than lighting, the Tondo Cloud-IQ CMS can support a wide range of sensors and connected devices – and Tondo can take your ideas and use-cases and turn them into reality.
We can integrate our management system with your enterprise asset management, analytics, and other operations management software (OMS) to avoid creating another data silo in your municipality.
PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT
Tondo supports the latest standards for connectivity, control, and device management so you can avoid being locked in to proprietary vendor technologies.
Tondo is committed to supporting the industry standards that enable vendor-independent interoperability for:
- Our Smart Lighting controllers
- Lighting wiring and communications
- Non-lighting device and sensor control
- Central management consoles
- Application integration
- Data exchange
- Network communications
Choosing Tondo’s solutions will be the safest decision you’ll make for your Smart Lighting and Smart City vision.
Request a Live Demonstration
We’ll walk you through a real-world street lighting deployment and show you how easy it will be to transform your roadway lighting assets into a Smart City platform, and the savings you can expect to drive for your taxpayers.
The advanced technology we are [using] here today allows us to quickly and efficiently respond to road events, which will increase road safety. Our ability to access traffic accidents or other events occurring on our road, faster and quickly direct [resources] there will reduce traffic disruption.
Hila Haddad Hamlenik, VP Strategy & Innovation